Saturday 12 January 2013

Hello and Happy 2013 everyone!


It seems like an eternity since I was last here, that was just before things got really busy in our house hold. I was planning for my first Stampin' Retreat, with the help of my sister Julie. She lightened the load so much I don't think she realizes just how much her help was, Thanks Julie.

Ok! first I'd like to share the card I made for Kevin, the owner of the Kuranda Resort, where we stayed for our Inaugural Inky Chicks Retreat.


Unfortunately, the photo is not that clear, my  HTC phone is getting old. It took me a while to be satisfied with the finished result. I used circles to give the impression of "morning glory" and added leaves and a few small gum nut shapes. Kevin was impressed.  To see his appreciation,  was heartwarming.

The colour scheme I used  is Island Indigo, Early Espresso, Midnight Muse and Whisper White....there is a slight variation in the blues...I got a little mixed up and used Midnight Muse for the card instead of Island Indigo...now that I've pointed it out you can see the difference, can't you?  o well, it just proves my point that there are  no mistakes in card making or scrap-booking, we simply create inspirational moments or happy accidents. [please don't think I am blowing my own trumpet.  I simply have a fun approach to encourage creativity, instead of diminishing it.]



Thank you for stopping by. Please come back soon.

warm regards
Colleen







No comments:

Post a Comment