Wednesday 1 August 2012

The Canvas - 'Denim, Lace and Tin'

This is the canvas that I made one afternoon while I was playing with my Big Shot.  I had an inspiring thought while chatting with a friend about life. We ended up talking about Denim with Tin.

I got the picture in my mind about a canvas with Tin, Denim & Lace as well, can't have Denim without Lace. Here is the completed project. I would have liked to use a lighter coloured Denim, unfortunately I only had this piece in my sewing cabinet; I could have cut bits from the children's jeans, ...  that's how they buy them these days, with cut-outs everywhere??? 

I used the Big Shot Bigz Dies, for flowers and leaves in tin and cloth then added Buttons, Brads & Rhinestones. It was such a fun project to do. O yes, I also used some Embossing folders for the Tin flowers. The flowers were meant to be in a half moon shape, mmmm I got a bit carried away, still, I'm happy with it.

Thanks for stopping by, 

Happy creativity
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment