Tuesday 8 April 2014

Scrap page for last months class


In March, at my scrap class we created pages like this; using a 12 x 12 piece of Water colour paper from the Art Barn. I cut the Watercolour page into 2 - 12 x 12 pieces, and with the left overs, I cut these strips for my class, 12" x 3".

The images are stamped with Stazon Ink so we could colour-in without the smudges from the outline. The colours I have used are the 2012 - 2014 In Colours, Gumball Green, Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple and Summer Starfruit.

My background is Midnight Muse, stamped with the same ink using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set, I love this set for backgrounds. 

The panel of water colour flowers is quite messy, compared to what the others did, however I used to do watercolour painting and love how the paint reacts to water on the paper. I guess I went a bit crazy, with my effect. If you knew me you'd realise I'm a bit of a messy person, [but with a kind heart] and love how my pages come together - eventually! 

I see flowers as being darker in the center and lighter on the outer petals, this is what I was trying to achieve. I used the Stampin' Write Marker to add Midnight Muse dots in a spiral in between the flowers, Because they then reminded me of fly spots,  I went over them with the Aqua Pen, and made them look softer, the ink ran and coloured the stark white spaces in between, which softened the strip nicely.


I just realised I attached the Summer Starfruit ribbon, BUT its crookedis that the correct spelling? I have a memory block right now!];  

mmm, I bet you didn't really see that till I mentioned it.  Looking at something from a different perspective DOES make a difference!

Two of the flower centers were made using the NEW fringe scissors from Stampin' Up!

If you have any questions, or would like to leave a comment, just scroll down and type in the space provided.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday,

Colleen


2 comments:

  1. Love the watercolouring in the stamped images down the border of the page. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shanni, this was a fun class with everyone enjoying the process of colouring their flowers.

      Delete