Monday 7 April 2014

Baby Brag Book

Here are some of the pages from the Mini Album I made for a niece and her daughter.

I used the Big shot Scalloped Square to cut all the pages including the covers which were a cardboard.


Some of the pages have pockets to put trinkets in or other special items,



The  borders around the pages leave space in the centers to journal the memories.
 I used stamps, that were suitable for a girl,   that's why the colour of the pages are mostly pink!


Textured Impression Embossing Folders came in handy to give texture on some of the pages.  

The framelits and embosslits were a great help as well, which gave a variety of extra bits and pieces to enhance the effect.
  I used daubers on every page, that was the most tedious task, but worth the effort. 

Daubing highlighted textures, and gave the edges that extra something; the pages looked pale when not daubed.

I didn't count the finished pages, though there should be enough for at least the first year of her life to be recorded in style and with love by her mum.
I made a box for the Album to go into and tied it off.

I guess the box could have been deeper so that when all the photos and memorabilia
have been recorded it would still fit, to be kept as a heirloom. 

As these albums go, really, they need to be used and have finger marks on them to show the appreciation of the life they record.

I really enjoyed creating this for you Maree, I trust you and your Girl will  treasure the story you write.
hugs
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment