Friday 4 April 2014

Todays Scrap Class

Buttons & Bows is what this Layout is called, and # 23 in my collection of sketches I have created.

The techniques for this class were using Simply Pressed Clay from Stampin' Up! to create buttons, then colour them with a stampin write marker, to suit the page we were working on. 
Mine are coloured Midnight Muse. 

The light blue buttons are also Midnight Muse ink from the Stampin' Write Marker,  I could have added more colour and kneeded it in however I like the paler colour; if I had had a reinker I would have use drops of ink which would have intensified the depth of colour, I only used the 'brush' end of the pen and rolled it over the ball of clay, kneeding it in each time.

I also have Buttons made from using the Big Shot and Sweet Buttons Embosslits.

Another technique we used was making bows using the Envelop Punch board. I saw this technique on U-tube; check out how Narelle Fasulo makes them here on the video  ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTSbH_p4hCM

I hope I have inspired you to try the clay if you haven't already, it is so fun to use and great therapy as well as fine motor skills and finger exercise :)

Have a great weekend
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment