Sunday 5 January 2014

Swallowtail Cards


Here are two Swallowtail Butterflies on two separate cards, that have been stamped with Rose Red Ink, the same as the card and then spritzed with Champagne Shimmer Mist. I 'fussy cut' the butterflies out, the tricky part was around their feelers.

There is a piece of Crumb Cake card, stamped with Crumb Cake Ink using the 'Delicate Doilies' stamps. This piece of Crumb Cake has been torn at the top and layered over two strips of Rose Red card [one on each side] that have been punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border.

I tore piece of the Delicate Details Lace Tape and added it to the top. The base card is Basic Grey.

The Two-Tone Ribbon [Basic Gray/Basic Black]  has been fringed at both ends,  then the greeting is layered on top. The effect of the double Modern Label Punch is created by punching two pieces then cutting one in half length wise to layer under the other punched piece. The colours depend on what your project dictates.

This second card below, I made for one of my sisters, using the same colour scheme of Basic Grey, Crumb Cake and Rose Red, adding part of a Tea Lace Paper Doily instead of the Delicate Details Lace Tape.

The top label is a rectangle cut to fit the stamped wording, from the 'Amazing Family' stamp set. I simply distressed the Rose Red layer using the 'Stampin' Distress Tool', this tool is so much fun to use, it can be used lightly to have a soft effect as with the left hand side of the piece or more heavily as the bottom side of the piece, I just realised there are varied effects on this one piece...hahaha and that's because it is hand made.

Around the bottom rectangle I gathered some Rose Red Seam Binding Ribbon, and how I did this is by placing sticky strip on the back of the card at the top and bottom of the rectangle then as I placed the Ribbon down onto the tape, I gathered it as I went. I then had to put another piece of sticky strip on top of the ribbon so it would stay in place on the card.

This second greeting is layered onto a piece of Basic Gray/Basic Black Two-Tone Ribbon that is a bit longer than the width of the piece of Crumb Cake and then tucked under.

Thanks for stopping by, come again soon
Colleen



No comments:

Post a Comment