Wednesday 8 January 2014

Thank you cards 1 of 4

I wanted to thank the girls in my team for their support so I made these cards. I have them in sets of four.  I used the 'Note Cards & Envelopes' from the Stampin' Up! Catalogue, page 162. Because they are 12.7 x 8.9 cm for the card size and fit into 13 x 9.2 cm envelop they are great to use for a quick note of thanks, or anything really. 

The top LEFT card shows a punch out butterfly on the blue triangle, then three punched from DSP [Designer Series Paper] and two more from co-ordinating card stock. I drew dots and dashes in the diagonal corner. 

Next to this one is the Red DSP piece with stamped images of Butterfly and flower, the flower has three colours on it, this is done by colouring the image with the Stampin' Write Markers, starting with the lightest colour, and then the next, till the darkest. The centers of the flowers are yellow, then I coloured the leaf and stem, green and finally the flowers are red to match the paper. 

Can you see the images of the butterfly under the cut-out one?  They are the same red as the paper and give a hint of more. The photo isn't really that clear I suppose to show them.


The bottom left card has three butterflies and are coloured with pens as I explained above. The dots are actually punched out flowers from the same DSP as the top left card, see the three patterned butterflies?  I used this DSP to punch out just the small blue flowers. I could have added ribbon to he right, or even created a border of dots and dashes around the right edge, notice in the last card how I created a border of dots and dashes around the card, I could have done this, from the green piece of DSP to the edge and down, then along the bottom, leaving the same size border as the other side.

The last card in this series has some stamped images straight onto the card and then some that have been stamped onto another piece and 'fussy' cut.  Fussy Cutting is following the line of the image. I like to  leave a millimeter around the image, incase I get too close and chop into it.  Two of the cut out images have been popped up and one is stuck onto the card in line with the stamped [onto the card] ones. 

I'll have more of this series next time, so stay tuned.

I love what I do and share what I love,
till next time
happy creating.
Colleen



No comments:

Post a Comment