Monday 13 January 2014

Thank you Cards 2 of 4

I wanted to post on Friday, however we went on a Family day out to the tablelands. We arrived home late so I didn't get to the computer. Saturday I spent with my sisters, daughter and niece. We had a girls weekend away. Everything was going great until our plans went pear shape and so we had to compromise on the venue. 

This meant we didn't have as much time away as we first planned, but the good news is we had so much fun. Two of my sisters bought their foot spas,one sister bought her manicure bag, there were word games to play and  a video to watch on how to do face exercises to define our facial features.   We all went out to dinner with our feet feeling refreshed and our nails looking great.  I hope your weekend was great as well. 

Now, are you ready for the next lot of Thank you cards in this series?


The top Left hand card was created using the  mosaic    stamp set with crushed curry and midnight muse.  I've used the decorative  punch for the label in this card and the one on the top right. there is daubing around the edges. the one on the right is much softer and this is created by using a dauber that has NOT been inked, but has ink in it already, so the effect is much softer than the one on the left ... which has just been tapped into the ink pad and so the dauber sponge is full of ink. I would have daubed the label on the left first then when I'd finished that card use the same dauber without re-inking and daubed the label on the right.

I fussy cut out the butterfly and flowers on the top Right card, then layered them over a piece of white card that has been put in an embossing folder and run through the Big Shot Machine.

All four cards share the same colour scheme. 

The bottom left card has a piece of midnight muse card that has been punched with the scallop border punch on one edge, then layered on top of this are 3 strips of DSP. The images are from the ....stamp set. I used the modern label punch for this greeting.  

The last card, bottom right, has DSP   that has been cut and placed in opposite corners. It was a square, so when the pieces were placed into the opposite corners, there was a space left in between and this is where I stamped off the butterfly from the  ... stamp set. as you can see I used my pens to colour the image; starting with the lightest colour, and then the darker one. I also punched out a butterfly in the lower right corner.

till next time 
happy creating
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment